The Proven Benefits of Cannabis Oil - THC and CBD
What the research says, and why we believe
Cannabis Oil Benefits
Cannabis oil (dagga oil) contains many active compounds called cannabinoids – THC and CBD are the best-known ones.
Cannabis Oil South Africa sells tinctures and suppositories that contain these compounds in an olive oil carrier solution. The fact that you can now buy THC oil in South Africa means that no-one is restricted from accessing the healing power of CBD and THC.
What are the benefits of cannabis oil and why do we feel so strongly about its positive effects on peoples’ health and well-being?
Read on for more information into research done into the medical value of THC, CBD, Terpenes and more, found in cannabis oil.
The Health Benefits of Cannabis Oil
Cannabis oil which contains both THC and CBD is a product that we strongly believe is curative for many ailments. Humans, and in fact all mammalian bodies, contain receptors for these compounds. Research shows that cannabis oil exhibits potent anti-cancer, anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anti-inflammatory, pain-relief and anti-psychotic properties, amongst others.
Here at Cannabis Oil South Africa, we know from our own experience, and from that of our customers, that cannabis oil works! That’s why we’re so passionate about providing this healing oil to whoever is looking to having their health restored.
Cannabis Oil As Medicine
Marijuana, Cannabis, Dagga, Mary Jane – the plant known by many names – has been used as medicine for thousands of years. We know that usage of this plant goes back to at least 2900 BCE, and we now also know that THC, CBD and terpenes are responsible for its therapeutic properties.
Apart from our own experience with the cannabis plant, and incredible testimonials from our own customers, here below is some of the research we’ve found about the conditions cannabis oil has been helping us with for millennia…
Backed by Scientific Research
1. Cannabis Oil and Cancer
Read here from the National Centre for Biotechnology Information: “To date, cannabinoids have been allowed in the palliative medicine due to their analgesic and antiemetic effects, but increasing number of preclinical studies indicates their anticancer properties…”
Increasingly research institutions are becoming aware of what we’ve known for ages: that cannabis is a potent weapon in the fight against cancer.
Cannabis Oil promotes apoptosis. Very simply, this means that the compounds in Cannabis promote cancer cell death. Apoptosis is a natural process in the body where the cells are destroyed as part of a particular organism’s growth. Cancer cells grow as an abnormal process in the body because they no longer acknowledge the body’s signals that encourage or destroy cell growth. As these cancer cells grow and divide, they become more uncontrollable. And since they no longer respond to apoptosis, they tend to expedite cell proliferation and ignore the other signals from normal cells. That is why the endocannabinoid system is an extremely important system in the body because it also helps in modulating cell growth and death.
As cancer cells reproduce faster than the endocannabinoid system can handle, the cancer cells invade through the normal tissues and spread throughout the body. This process is called metastasis.
The endocannabinoid system in the human body has two primary receptors. One is the CB1 receptors which are mostly found in the brain, and the other one is the CB2 receptors which are primarily found in the immune system.
THC is the active compound in cannabis that binds to the CB1 receptors and is responsible for mood, behavior, and other cerebral functions. On the other hand, CBD latches onto the CB2 receptors and tells these receptors if there are invaders that are detrimental to the body.
The apoptotic process by these receptors is achieved through the de novo synthesis of ceramide and sphingolipid that promote cell destruction.
Once they bind together, the receptor activation can then help the endocannabinoid system in signaling an antitumorigenic warning. Which means, it impairs cancer development through inhibiting reproduction, metastasis, and tumor angiogenesis.
The story of cannabis oil compounds killing cancer is not complete without telling the story of Rick Simpson. Rick Simpson first extracted his RSO oil, or Phoenix Tears Oil, which is a full extract cannabis oil containing THC, CBD and Terpenes. He used this oil to treat skin cancer called basal cell carcinoma. And, his skin cancer disappeared.
See our Cannabis Oil Videos page for more information.
2. Cannabis Oil and Pain Relief
Cannabis oil can reduce pain.
The human body has receptors called cannabinoid receptors, and the human body actually produces its own endocannabinoids (endo meaning ‘internal’ or ‘within’).
The endocannabinoid system in the human body is responsible for regulating sleep, appetite, pain and immune responses. Studies have shown that THC and CBD reduces chronic pain by binding to the body’s endocannabinoid receptors.
- CBD reduces sciatic nerve pain and inflammation
- CBD and THC effective in treating pain related to multiple sclerosis and arthritis.
3. Cannabis Oil and ADD, ADHD
People are using Cannabis Oil for ADD and ADHD.
“All over the world, we know that patients suffering from ADHD use cannabis. This is something all psychiatrists know,” Dr. Kirsten Muller-Vahl, a professor, neurologist, psychiatrist, and cannabis researcher from Germany. She is a specialist in both neurology and adult psychiatry.
In a study published in 2017 about the use of cannabis as a treatment for ADHD, Dr Muller-Vahl says “…this study provides preliminary evidence supporting the self-medication theory of cannabis use in ADHD and the need for further studies of the endocannabinoid system in ADHD.
Judging by the anecdotal evidence from people who use cannabis oil for ADHD, using this oil is already widely accepted as beneficial by this community for this complex condition.
4. Cannabis Oil, Depression and Anxiety
According to the World Health Organisation, depression ranks in at first place in causing disability worldwide. And anxiety comes in at sixth place.
The side-effects of drugs such as benzodiazepines include drowsiness, agitation, insomnia, sexual dysfunction and headache.
Thank goodness there is another, natural way to deal with depression and anxiety.
Cannabis Oil containing CBD and THC has been shown to reduce the symptoms of both of these disorders.
- In one Brazilian study, 57 men received either oral CBD or a placebo 90 minutes before they underwent a simulated public speaking test. The researchers found that a 300-mg dose of CBD was the most effective at significantly reducing anxiety during the test. The placebo had no effect on anxiety levels.
- Cannabis oil has been used to treat anxiety and insomnia in children with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Cannabis oil has shown anti-depressant effects in several animal studies.
5. Cannabis Oil and Insomnia
According to the Mayo Clinic, insomnia can be caused by many factors:
– Physical Conditions such as chronic pain and restless leg syndrome
– Environmental factors such as loud noises or an uncomfortable bed
If the insomnia is caused by external factors or related conditions, cannabis oil can address the causes of sleeplessness by reducing anxiety and reducing pain.
- Research published in 2019 looked at whether CBD could improve sleep and or reduce anxiety. The study involved 72 subjects, with 47 experiencing anxiety and 25 experiencing poor sleep. The subjects were each given 25 milligrams (mg) of CBD in capsule form each day. In the first month, 79.2 percent of the patients reported lower anxiety levels and 66.7 percent reported better sleep.
- Other research suggests that CBD affects the sleep cycle. Research from 2014 looked at four Parkinson’s patients and found that CBD improved the symptoms of REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder (a disorder in which people act out their dreams). RBD is associated with poor sleep and nightmares. This research from 2017 also shows that CBD shows potential for treating excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Grogginess, another symptom of insomnia, might also be affected by CBD. A 2014 review found that CBD could have the potential to promote wakefulness, based on both human and animal research. The authors noted they weren’t sure exactly how or why CBD promoted wakefulness in some instances.
About Cannabis Oil South Africa
Cannabis Oil South Africa supplies Phoenix Tears Cannabis Oil, a full extract cannabis oil. Based in Johannesburg, we sell cannabis oil with delivery to the whole of South Africa, including Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Click here for our shop.
Cannabis Oil is also known as THC Oil, Hemp Oil, Dagga Oil, Weed Oil, Fully Extracted Cannabis Oil (Feco), Hash Oil, Phoenix Tears Oil, commonly misspelt as Fenix Tears.
Pure Rick Simpson OilR1,450.00 Add to basket
Cannabis Oil Cancer Treatment: (Stage 3 & 4)R17,050.00 Add to basket
Cannabis Oil Cancer Treatment: (Stage 1 & 2)R9,250.00 Add to basket
Cannabis Oil Tincture 10ml, 1.5g Pure Cannabis ExtractR800.00 Add to basket
Cannabis Oil Suppositories, Half-Gram, per CapsuleR130.00 Add to basket
Cannabis Oil Suppositories, Quarter-Gram, per CapsuleR65.00 Add to basket
Cannabis Oil Tincture 20ml, 3g Pure Cannabis ExtractR1,450.00 Add to basket